Wednesday, December 13, 2006

A Brighter Discontent

okay..first I'd like to follow up on Kelly's post by adding that i recieved a text message from kelly @ 11:42pm that evening saying "Nanny's drunk! Can't stop laughing."
other than that all i have to really talk about is being sick..which sucks. my throat started to hurt a bit on monday night..but i didn't let it get to me..then at some point yesterday my neck got stiff and my voice got all scratchy (or deep scratchy sex goddessy..whichever you prefer) and i felt all swolen in my throat..awesome. this did not stop me from going out to eat with my dad..cuz really..i'm poor and free food is free food. so i decdied that the cause for my illness was that i didn't get any sleep the night before, due to the fact that i had to roll out of bed at 6am to go to a 7:30am meeting at work (gross) i figured i'd get a good night's sleep and be all better...not! (ahha..i can't remember the last time i used that..and it makes me think of borat..anyway).
i woke up this morning...late..knowing that i would problaby need to go to the doctors. so i sat up in my bed at around 8am and decided to test it out...which basically means i had to start talking to myself outloud to see how bad my voice sounded and if it hurt to talk....it did.. so i call my doctors office who apparantly doens't open till 8:30 and went back to bed for a bit..8:40 on the dot i called back and was informed that they were upgrading their system and that they couldn't see anyone today..so off to prompt care i go.
2...2 and 1/2 hours later i emerged from prompt care...my rapid strepe test negative, and november's issue of allure that i took from the office (that's the least they could do after waiting that long) and a promise from dr. something or other (who was really tiny and wierd looking) that if its strepe she'll call me tomorrow..joy..
on a happier note last night was the season finale of nip/tuck..and it was good..and had a really good song at the end that the case lipsynced to...i guess what i didn't like is that now it all starts over..jsut in a new location...i dunno..guess we'll see..and ps. can't wait for "dirt" to come on next week.
okay..i've rambled about nothing for long enough..off to work!

3 comments:

JulieGong said...

pray that it isn't strep. it will make you want to kill yourself.

i had something like this about a month ago and could barely talk it was awful so i know exactly how you feel.

get better soon!

JulieGong said...

Because you are deciding to not update I will continue to leave messages on this post that have nothing to do with this post... I just wanted to let you know that your profile picture is wonderful! Really!

Amy said...

Update: I did not have strepe but i have been sick for EVER..seriously..its like a new trend..hopefully for 2007 I can try healthy on and take that for a ride.