Saturday, December 09, 2006

Chronicles... what... of Nanny

I thought that I may have to stop the Chronicles of Nanny after the lat post but well.... she is just so entertaining sometimes... at least now I know where I got it from..

So with out further ado... I give you Thursday nights happenings...

Me in bed at 11:00 p.m. after getting home, being locked out and breaking into the house(yup I am so good I may be considering a life of crime) and realizing that Nanny went out with the girls for dinner.

Her last words to me were that she would be home a little after me. Which I thought would be around 8:30p.m. so I left work around 8ish and when I broke into the house around 9 she still wasn't home.

When she finally did arrive home after 11p.m.(better social life than I have) she comes flying in the house opens the door to my room and yells:

Nanny: "Kelly"
Me: "yes?"
Nanny: "oh you are home."
Me: "yes."
Nanny: "Who's car is in the drive way?"
Me: "Mom's"
Nanny: "oh"

Sidebar: Linda got her plates switched a few weeks ago. Now I can hear Nanny and two other people chatting about how they didn't know who's car it is... it is at this point I realize she is drunk. Now she goes out the door and no one comes back for about 10 minutes. I am curious but not enough to get out of bed. What can I say I am lazy and wasn't sure I wanted to know what is going on. Just that this is going to be great to blog about. When she comes back in(from driving a friend home) we have this conversation.

Me: "Nanny?"
Nanny: "yup!"
Me: "Did you have fun?"
Nanny: " Oh My god."
Nanny: "Oh my god Kelly"
Me: " Have a few drinks Nanny?"
Nanny: " Oh my god."

Please try to picture this exchange with Nanny saying Oh My God in a sing songy voice because that is what she was doing and it made it so much better. I will re-enact it when I see the 2 people who read this.

nanny: "wooo."
Me: " so you had a good time?"
Nanny " Oh my god! I had one BIG Manhattan at the restaurant. Then we went back to Jackie's and I had two B and B's on the rocks. Wooooo."

This is followed by many Woo's and then announces she is going to bed. She likes to say wooo a lot which is usually annoying but in this case VERY funny!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha. This post still cracks me up. If my grandma is Effin Grandma because she swears alot, then Nanny should be Nanny On The Rocks.