Monday, January 16, 2006

Dinosaur Attacks NYC


Okay, so this weekend I went to NYC with the family to see the best person in the world..Huey Lewis performing in CHICAGO. Here’s how the weekend went. After a four hour bus ride, in which I had to sit next to a complete stranger who was sleeping, we arrived at the lovely and immaculate port authority. After some struggle with the rents over how to actually get out of the port authority (apparently the fact that ive been there before did not warrant listening to me) we grabbed a cab and headed to our hotel. The hotel was booked by my aunts husband, and my sister and I were def. worried about it from the start. So we arrived at the “boutique” hotel and attempted to check in. There were supposed to be three rooms, they could only find two, and that’s because someone decided to book a room under my aunts maiden name (why? We’ll never know) then we find out that the rooms all have full size beds..which is okay, because my sister and I are comfortable enough that we can spoon J So, we finally get the room thing straightened out and head off to lunch. We go to a fun little deli, have some much needed drinks and food..then a dinosaur tries to attack my sister (see picture). When the waiter dropped off our check there was this super fun dinosaur and I grabbed and was like “you shall be mine” so then we started playing with it (obviously) and then the waiter comes to pick up the $$ and looks at me and goes “oh, you can keep that” oh, really? I didn’t know? Did he really think I was going to give away my new friend?

So then we went shopping at super fun Century 21 (they seriously need to take a class in customer service) and then we were leaving when we run into SUPER old friends. Okay, well..the parents of super old friends of me and my sister. They are great and we all caught up. One of their sons just got married in vegas so they were there to celebrate. After that wonderful moment we jump in a cab and head back to the room. Ahh..the room..i have one word. HORRIFYING (okay..the pic doesn't make it look that bad..but TRUST ME) The best part is the Radisson was right next door.and it was VERY nice..and here's why we didn't stay there "oh.the rooms were $179" guess how much our shitty rooms were-$159!! I would have paid the extra $ to stay anywhere else but there) After we get ready we head to dinner..that is a super long story, but it ended up being a really great time. We went to the show and that’s when I found the most super obnoxious person in the world. It’s intermission, we’re all waiting in line for the bathroom and this..thing..comes out of the balcony seats on her cell phone and is bitching and complaining about the play “this is the worst play I’ve ever seen, we were so spoiled with the producers…there’s no set change, no lighting change..i mean, they’re all in the same costume. Oh..and the choregraphy is shit..just awful..i’m so mad…I think I’m gonna go get my money back, seriously, this is the worst play ever” so everyone in line for the bathroom is giving eachother looks like “who is this asshole” so I walk over to her, and go “excuse me, I feel sorry for you, you obviously have no imagination since you can’t enjoy a play without massive sets or costumes, and as far as choreography, his name is Bob Fosse, and he’s a genius” then I walked into the bathroom (okay..that really didn’t happen, but I really wanted to say that to her”.

Plays over..had some drinks…back to the room..which is 100 degrees..seriously. the ac doesn’t work so we have to sleep with the windows open..which is fine until about 3/3:30 when people start leaving the clubs..and the taxis are loud..and people are loud..and the bed was awful..and it was just gross. I had the worst sleep ever. Okay..i don’t feel like complaining about this anymore..the weekend could have been a lot better, but the show was great. Next time…my sister and I are booking our own room !!!
PS: Huey Razzled & Dazzled!!!

No comments: